My Weight Loss Tracker

15 August 2010

Writing

I woke up just like any other day. Went outside and got the newspaper, poured myself a steaming hot cup of coffee, and started gathering up my breakfast. That morning was an omelet, cheese and tomato.
Little did I know that this day was going to be the last day of my life..

If I had known anything about what was going to happen that day I might have realized all the signs that things weren't quite right. Looking back now I can see them clearly. The horrible pain in my joints, the bruises, the lack of appetite. I always bruised easily though. Maybe I was always sick.
Darius came to see me after breakfast and told me I looked petty bad. I told him I felt pretty bad too. He'd been telling me for the last 2 years to go see a doctor and I expected him to say the same today but he didn't. Today he looked at me with a sad expression on his face and gave me a bottle of red liquid, telling me to drink all of it.
I opened the bottle and sniffed it tentatively, "what is it?"
"I got some information and help from my cousin. It'll help you."
I started to take a sip then stopped at the eager expression on his face. "Please.." he hissed out almost pained.
"you know, I'm not thirsty." I put the lid back on the bottle and hopped up onto the kitchen counter. I winced as pain shot through my hips and Darius noticed and cringed, as always.
"please," he said simply. I knew he wasn't the begging type but I also didn't know what was in that bottle. Normally I would just do what he asked without question but this wasn't a normal request.
"Quickly! Please drink it! Now!" His tone and urgency shocked me. I opened the bottle again and sniffed it.
"it smells like chile peppers and chlorine," I complained.
"Drink!" He commanded hissing through his teeth.
"Ok, geez, don't throw a fit." I put it to my lips reluctantly and intended to take a sip, testing it out. The instant it touched my lips my mouth was filled with the most exotic and intoxicating flavors that i literally couldn't not drink it. I chugged it all down, only vaguely aware of the smug yet relieved expression on Darius's face.
"What the hell was that?" I demanded, shocked as my voice slurred and the works around me blurred at the edges. A satisfied baritone laughter was my only response as my world turned red and a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach took my breath away.

To be continued...
(Only upon request though)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.2

No comments:

Post a Comment