My Weight Loss Tracker

14 December 2010

The New Plan

As some may know, I'm trying to be healthier and lose some weight. I'm trying to get in shape so that i can be happier, healthier, and able to play with my son more. I can't run after him in the park because I can't really run very far without the terrible pounding heart, gasping for breath, feeling like I'm going to die, and that's after only like 30 yards? I don't know specifically how far i can run but you get the point.

I made a new chart that spans up to a year from today but depending on my loss rate I could reach my goal in half that time. My goals range from 1.5-3 lbs a week. I didn't want to think of less than that when i wrote it but I do realize that as a realty as well.

I'm trying this thing called the cabbage soup diet to kick off this new plan. Currently I'm at 205(ish) and I want more than anything to drop below that 200 mark before the new year starts. I think that might motivate me more than anything else and help me deal with the smaller losses.

The cabbage soup diet is a 7 day eating plan based on a soup that obviously has cabbage in it. There are several recipes but I deviated and my soup is cabbage, green pepper, green onion, carrot, celery, lentils, garlic salt, crushed red pepper, savory, basil, thyme, and black pepper. The only sodium in it is from the garlic salt and if I'd had garlic powder I would have used it instead.

My previous weigh in day was fridays but I'm changing that to mondays. The change is purely because of when I started writing the new plan out and has no other significance then that. :-)

I also plan on continuing my exercising, putting more pressure on myself to actually keep up on that. There is no reason i shouldn't be working out every day even if it's just going for a wall and i know that. I just have a bad habit of putting it off for various reasons. It's late. My dvd player keeps messing up the workout video. I'm tired. I can do it later. I can just do more at work today. I have every excuse you could imagine and then some.

Kenny, you made me feel guilty for that and THANK YOU for doing that. You are doing so awesome on your healthy lifestyle that you make me WANT to be doing just as well. :-)

Anyway... Wish me luck?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck, if you do it more and Kenny's twitter postings keep bugging me, it'll force me to catch up ;). I might suggest somehow getting Alex in on the exercise somehow, that way it'll be more fun. I can't think of any suggestions, but either Alex or listening to podcasts while exercising will help make it more enjoyable.

    I know podcasts help me anyway. So good luck!

    King

    ReplyDelete