My Weight Loss Tracker

30 January 2012

Gonna do this!! WARRIOR DASH!!!

So in case anyone missed it, I'm totally interested in doing this really awesome looking 5k from hell called WARRIOR DASH!!!!! I'm about..... 200% positive I want to do it, which just means I need to register which I'm really just waiting for my tax return to do that, and keep up with what I'm already doing which is... EXERCISE!!!! TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN!!!!

I've been walking around (which I already did) with a pedometer (which I just recently got for $5 from walmart) and I've been doing (girl) pushups (I know, I know, pathetic, but I'll get better and do regular ones soon) and crunches and squats and various other activities trying to just shed some extra weight, but in case you guys also didn't know, I've been planning on training to do a marathon too. Which all just plays into training for this thing too. And I know it isn't going to be easy, but what would be the challenge in things if it were easy? What would be the reward? Nothing!

So in doing this event, I'm also seriously considering being a St. Jude Warrior (click the area in the side bar) which means that I would be raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital while doing this event. I mean, really, why wouldn't you want to help them out and support them? They are an amazing place! They don't turn away patients whose families can't pay. They treat cancer and other catastrophic diseases that kids get. They do research on treatment options for these children. Really, what's not to like??

I found out today at work from one of my coworkers that Fred Meyer sets aside a certain amount of money every year to donate to things so I'm actually going to talk to our HR rep and see if as a company Fred Meyer might be interested in donating to St. Jude's when I've finally signed up, and there is also the opportunity to volunteer as an organization so maybe the "Fred Meyer Volunteers" thing might be something people who don't want to participate in the dash itself could be a part of? I don't know if that helps out St. Jude, but I would think it might?

Some videos of Warrior Dash :)
Warrior Dash 2011 Florida
Warrior Dash 2012 Florida (Full Race)

And if anyone has any thoughts and opinions as to an awesome outfit I could wear, be my guest in suggesting it. They vote on the best outfit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment