My Weight Loss Tracker

08 November 2010

writing 5

"I love the smell of the salt water, the scent that the ocean gives off. It makes me feel like a kid again."

Darius looked down at me and smiled. "But the ocean here is as different from where you lived as a kid as this whole place is. Different too."

"And now so is my life."

"Growing older makes a difference."

"So does becoming a demon, D. This isn't exactly my idea of the ideal way to spend my life but I guess I'm not really me anymore. I mean, I'm still Clarissa Habbernash, but I'm not clarissa the skinny human whose hair might make her topple over. I'm Clarissa, the immortal demon girl who isn't too skinny anymore but whose boobs and butt now balance out her hair."

I clasped my hands over my mouth as soon as I realized I had said it and blushed furiously. Darius just grinned at me.

"Please forget I said that. Please please please forget I said that," I begged.

"Why? It was cute."

"Because it's super embarrassing. Pre-teens hope for boobs, not 22 year olds. We nr usually long since realized that barring surgery it's not gonna happen."

"It's still cute."

"It's almost sunrise, we should probably head back. Wren might wake up and wonder where we are."
"Even if he does wake up he'll be fine on his own. He knows where he's at and how to do things.

Cape Meares?
Rockaway beach?
Ecola state park?
Gold beach?
Seaside?
Cannon?
north of manzanita?


"They know someone is hiding the little blood sucker and they won't rest until they find our who she is and who is hiding her. If we run now they will know it's us."

"Wren, she can hear you."

"I don't care if she can hear me. I hope she can. It's all her fault we are in this mess and you walk around looking all high and mighty and authoritative but the reality is you can't and won't be able to protect her from our entire family. If either of us leave they will hunt us down knowing she is here. They will discover we are demons. We will all die."

"there are other options, other resources."

"Don't fool yourself, D, we knew we were going to get caught and the only way to avoid it is for her to leave."

"You seem to forget that you are the one who turned her, not me. She didn't know what was going on and neither did I when you turned me. Maybe you should have just let me die. And her. And lived your sad lonely demon immortal life."

"You think you would rather have died? Then go see if they accept her. Go see the family. Take her with you. They will kill you both and feel no remorse. You were there today and know it's true or you would have spoken up."

I heard a door slam and knew Darius had gone out the door in a fit of rage. Wren who was also quite angry stormed out the back door and I was left alone in my house again. I couldn't understand why Darius was arguing with the logic of what Wren was saying. I could see it plain as day and though i dreaded being alone I knew what I had to do.

I had to leave until things calmed down. I could come back when things were cleared up here but until then I was endangering Darius's and Wren's lives. They had saved my life and it was only fair that i didn't risk theirs.

I rose from my desk where i had been starting at "Dear Grandma" for their whole argument and while they were out and angry I gathered all the spare blankets and pillows. I also went into the attic and pulled down the luggage. I had money but I wasn't going to go around flaunting it. I had to take what I owned because i wanted to look like a girl on a trip, nour someone running from the law. So I started packing.

Wren returned before Darius and knocked on my door. I was done packing most of my things and had attached the bags our if sight so I wasn't worried when I called for him to enter as I was back seated at my desk putting the finishing touches on a letter.

"Hey," he said, looking awkward in my doorway.

"Hi, how's it going?"

"Ah, same old, same old. Look, um, about earlier, I, you know, didn't mean anything by it really. Nothing personal anyway." He shuffled his feet and stared at the expanse of white painted wall to the right of my head.

"You mean your argument with D?"

"uh, yea," he said in a low voice, shifting his gaze to his feet.

"Don't even worry about it. I get the logic. You guys are in danger of being discovered as my creator and being demons yourselves because I attacked a few people. I might learn to control my impulses but for now I'm a danger to you."

He looked up at me, "D doesn't get it so clearly. You might not know it to look at the guy but he's a softie at heart. He's also one of the best friends you'll ever have. He's stuck his neck out on the line for me so many times that when he had his accident I couldn't let it go like that. I had to do what I did. He's been there for me through thick and thin and i had to finally make it up to him by saving him."

"What kind of accident was it?"

"He was out hiking by himself on some trails when we were camping. He hasn't come back yet or checked in for 2 hours which was unlike him so I did a locator spell. When we camp we always have all our stuff with us to do basic things. His life force felt weak and I ran to where he was. Attacked by an animal or something and was almost dead. Would have died if I hadn't helped him out. When he came to he couldn't remember anything that had happened since he'd left on his hike."
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment