My Weight Loss Tracker

20 November 2010

Writing part whatever.. Lol

It had been a long day for clarissa as she sat pretending not to be worried, reading a book in the large recliner in her living room. She had been reading the same book for hours, rereading pages occasionally or simply starting at a particular page for hours as she let Darius and Wren's moods permeate her.

Darius and Wren had been glued to the tv's in the house waiting for the news to come on all day. Finally the reporter on the evening news said, "after the break we have an interview with a woman who says she was attacked by a teenager on the beach."

Darius and Wren shared a look then glared at Clarissa who was curled up in the chair pretending not to notice them. Wren cleared his throat loudly until Clarissa finally looked up at them.

"What?"

"You know what. What the hell were you thinking?"

"We have been through this. I was hungry. I ate."

"You attacked someone!"

"Wren, you don't have to yell. I'm sure she realizes it was wrong to just attack someone, don't you?"

"Of course I do! I'm not a complete idiot!"

"Right, because a complete idiot would have done what? Killed the girl so she couldn't run then had murder charges on top of everything else?"

"Asshole," she muttered under her breath, then louder she said, "At least they think I'm a teenager. She can't have the best description of me and they will be searching the high school probably."

"You look like a teenager. You better hope nobody realizes it was you!"

"Welcome back to the evening news. When you go for a morning jog you don't think about much more than getting exercise. This morning in the south part of Ecola Park, Jessica Schneider was out for her morning jog and was attacked by a teenager. Jessica, tell us your story."

The blonde woman from the beach was laying in a hospital bed with bruises on her face and neck. "I was out for my normal morning jog and a girl came our from nowhere and tackled me down to the ground. She bit my neck with what felt like fangs. She looked kind of like one of those gothic kids with black hair and pale skin. Then this big guy ran up and pulled her off of me and I ran away back to my cat as fast as I could."

"Thank you, Jessica, for sharing. The police are looking for any information on the girl who attacked her or the man who pulled her off. She is described as a small female age 14-17 with pale skin, curly black hair, and possibly cosmetic fangs. The man is about 6 foot medium built with dooley red hair. Any information should be reported to the Seaside Police Department or the Clatsop County Sheriff's office. In other news-"

Darius shut off the tv and violently threw the remote across the room. It crashed into the wall, breaking into 3 pieces on impact. Wren looked at him strangely and Clarissa pretended to be absorbed in her book again through she had been on page 124 for 20 minutes now.

"He's going to come," Darius said in a hollow tone.

"who is?" Clarissa asked,looking up over the spine of the book.

"My father."

Wren suddenly looked scared. "Why? Why would he come?"

"How many 6' red head live here and might be seen with a girl who might attack a human? A girl with ' cosmetic fangs' seen with the black sheep son of the most powerful warlock in the west coast branch of the family? I think the better question is why wouldn't he come?"

Clarissa ducked down below her book again and started crying silently. She knew this was all her fault and she didn't know a lot about Darius's father other than that he used to beat up on darius because he wasn't like his siblings and that like Clarissa, he had gotten emancipated at 16.

Darius was by her chair before she even realized he had moved and she flinched as he wiped away her tears. "This is not your fault in any way. I don't want to see you crying. I'll protect you when they come after you. You don't have to worry about a thing."

"Not my fault? How is this not my fault? I'm the one who attacked her. I'm the one who turned into a fucking vampire. I'm the one who is going to get you into trouble with that asshole abusive father of yours."

"You told her about him?" Wren spoke up sounding surprised and shocked.

"I told her a little bit about myself. We are friends."

Clarissa slipped past Darius quickly and retreated to her room. She quietly sank down into her desk chair and rested her head in her hands. This was her fault but it didn't mean that it had to be a bad thing, a negative thing.

She resolved to make things better with Darius's family and this situation. She wouldn't attack humans. She Would be on her best behavior until the while thing just blew over.

Darius knocked on her door frame then walked into the room. "Can we talk?"

"Sure, what's going on?"

"I know my father and he is going to do whatever he can to find you so i want you to do something for me. I'd like you to carry this with you."

He held out a small crystal that was softly tinted purple. It was about the size of a pen cap and perfectly shaped with no superficial flaws and Clarissa could feel it pulsing as though it had a life force. At the top was some metal lattice work and it was attached to a delicate looking silver chain.

"What is it?"

"
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment