My Weight Loss Tracker

07 October 2010

Be You

There have been moments in my life when I've done things for the singular purpose of making others happy with me, pleasing them, playing a role in life that is not my own happy little comfort zone to be in. Then something occurred to me. By being that person I was living a lie, a hollow life that wasn't good for anyone involved. Even if it was only for 5 minutes.

Nobody should ever feel like their opinions and thoughts are not valued. Nobody should ever feel like they are not good enough just how they are. Nobody should ever feel like they have to change to make other people happy. Ever.

I will raise my son to know that if he is gay or straight that is ok. I will raise him to know that whether he wants to play football or do ballet doesn't matter. If he loves may or decides to be a vegetarian, if he loves star trek like his mommy or would rather see a good car race instead that's all ok too. I will raise him to know whoever he is, whatever he loves, that is his passion and him as a person and i will love him no matter who he is. Because first and foremost he is Alex, my son.

Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. - Judy Garland
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

No comments:

Post a Comment