My Weight Loss Tracker

24 October 2010

Politics

I will say it loud and proud that I am 100% against the sale of liquor in our grocery stores. I will be voting no on initiatives 1100 and 1105 on this november's ballots. I do not think that it is appropriate to sell liquor in stores where teenagers shop, where they already make purchases of beer or grab it and run out the doors. Granted I also think that if you are old enough to vote and live on your own and die for your country in a war you should be allowed to legally partake in fermented beverages.

The fact is that a kid can go into a stripe and when nobody is paying attention, slip a candy bar into their pocket. How big are small bottles of liquor? How often do people check id's when selling stuff? It's easy to say that it doesn't happen but it probably happens a lot more than you'd think and it's not like that's going to change. So why risk more underage drinking by putting hard alcohol into our grocery stores?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment