My Weight Loss Tracker

29 October 2010

The Science of Weight Loss

So I wrote all about the science of how to lose weight before and then I found this formula. I realize there is more to it than this but this is just the basic stuff you need to know to do this whole weight loss thing.

If you want to lose weight figure out your BMR which for women is 655+(4.35*weight in pounds)+(4.7*height in inches)+(4.7*age in years) then you take that number and you multiply it by 1.2 (sedentary) 1.375 (lightly active) 1.55 (moderately active) 1.725 (very active) 1.9 (extra active) and that final number is how many calories it takes to maintain your current weight. Then you decrease that amount of caloric intake to lose weight. So say you you want to lose 1lb a week, you decrease your maintenance intake by 500 and you will lose 1lb a week without having to exercise.

So if you are a man, figuring out your BMR is a little different a formula but you still multiply it by ike mm the same numbers for your activity level. For you it is BMR=66+(6.23*your weight in pounds)+(12.7*your height in inches)+(6.8*your age in years)

So for me my formula is BMR=655+(4.35*204)+(4.7*62)+(4.7*23) and if I multiply it by sedentary I get 2330.28 and if I multiply it by lightly active I get 2670.1125 so that's my maintenance daily calories. More to come later.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment